These are exciting times for Mustard Seed International! It is evident that the Lord has chosen this organization to advance His Kingdom to the nations. Here in Southeast Asia, we praise God for what He is doing through MSI in other parts of the world. We are all living in the midst of an ongoing miracle. Over the last four years, God has been preparing MSI for renewal, clarity in vision, fresh life, and renewed leadership. We are beginning to see the pieces of God’s plan coming together, and we are beginning to see abundant fruit. We are seeing new, faith filled, visionary leaders beginning to emerge and the lives of thousands of people are being impacted. Compared with even one year ago, there is greater momentum, increased energy, and a greater ethos of Spiritual fervor. Churches are being planted in unreached areas by indigenous evangelists. New Christian schools are being established, and Christian teachers are being recruited, trained and sent out as missionaries in Indonesian classrooms.
Leaders are being raised up, abandoned children are being cared for and wells are being dug in villages, providing the poor with refreshing water. Teenagers are coming in off of the streets and being mentored in MSI youth centers. They are discovering their destiny, their uniqueness and spiritual identity as followers of Christ. They are being given a fresh, new vision for their future.
MSI is also beginning to have influence in the Southeast Asian media. Uplifting, empowering, and thought provoking films are being created by MSI sponsored film makers. Teacher training materials and children’s literature are being developed.
Summary of the Southeast Asia Ministry Strategy:
Opportunity: This part of the world is desperate for solutions to problems facing their children and teenagers. The need for more effective education stands above all other needs in the minds of most people. The government is incapable of taking the actions necessary to provide for the needs of children and teenagers, especially in the field of education. This creates a great open door for the Gospel and provides us with an opportunity to meet a genuine need while creating effective learning environments where young people are discipled into the Kingdom of God.
Vision: Our vision is to see generations of children, teenagers, and eventually college students, discipled into the Kingdom of God and raised up to become leaders by well trained and equipped indigenous teachers in hundreds of schools throughout the region.
Mission: For this to happen, our training must be relevant, effective, and strategically placed. We are in the fifth year of the strategic twenty year plan outlined below:
- Create one active learning environment that becomes a laboratory, a high energy place where potential Christian teachers in years ahead come to observe, learn, engage, see, touch and experience what it looks like to shape the hearts and minds of children who will become creative, capable, visionary leaders with strong character who advance the Kingdom of God.
- Build a Leadership Center and create a degree program where prospective teachers live on site for one year, are mentored, and develop into high impact teachers.
- Create multiple Christian schools across the country in strategic locations, or partner with churches who already have a vision to open Christian schools in their cities.
- Send our trained graduates to teach in those schools.
- Provide those teachers with all the resources they need to thrive and bear fruit in those schools.
Note: We also hope to advance, through each of the steps above, in the fields of
- youth evangelism and outreach,
- ministry to abandoned, orphaned, and neglected children,
- medicine and health care, and
- church planting.