Thank You For Changing Lives In 2017
As Matthew 17:20 says, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” and in 2017 by the grace of God and with your generous support, both financially and through prayer — we moved mountains!
We just finished a summary of everything we accomplished in 2017 and we’re excited to share it with you. You were a big part of helping us – Thank You!
Through Mustard Seed, you made possible:
- 34 teachers-in-training who are preparing to become world changers in villages.
- 33 teachers in Java.
- 30 teachers in the remote mountains of Eastern Indonesia.
- 6 teachers in an outreach center in Java
- 8 teachers serving in a kindergarten.
- 29 teachers in 3 schools located in a village along the K River.
- 40 part-time teachers in Borneo.
- A pastor named Jim and his wife Nita who have dedicated themselves to teach in a remote village where Mustard Seed has opened a school.
- Support for a widow who was left alone to raise her 5 children
It doesn’t stop there! Through your generosity, Mustard Seed also sponsored:
- A principal and helped her to provide for 10 abandoned children who live in her home.
- 12 student-teachers serving in 5 schools.
- 5 teachers at a children’s outreach.
- 3 computers and 10 tables and chairs for a kindergarten named Beautiful Gate.
- 4 kindergarten teachers in Borneo.
- Indonesian staff members such as Budi who handles government relations, Arti & Dadang who teach in TransformNation, and three TransformNation graduates who are all serving with Mustard Seed.
- A teacher who has dedicated his life to over 50 children in one of the most under-resourced areas on the planet was able to receive a full week of teacher training. We were also able to provide him, through your generosity, a laptop and motorcycle to help him reach and serve even more children in remote villages.
- The rent to keep a kindergarten rolling forward, and a new 6-year contract for a kindergarten that serves 32 children.
- The materials for 3-day training for 35 teachers on an Eastern island.
- A youth center in Java that provides discipleship for 461 teenagers on 8 campuses, and CEC which provides discipleship materials and homework assistance to 55 children.
- The tuition, food and other expenses for 50 abandoned or orphaned children in Seeds of Hope Children’s Home.
- You met all the needs of 23 children from remote mountain villages who live in Mustard Seed Children’s Home.
- A motorcycle, audiovisual equipment for a village school.
- The brain surgery of a boy, the son of Pastor Anton.
- The site maintenance at 2 schools in Kalimantan
- The reconstruction of a medical clinic.
- The medical bills for one of our staff who suffered a stroke.
- 9 different children to go to school when various parents experienced hardship.
We can’t thank you enough for both your generosity and strong prayer support. Can you even begin to imagine what God has in store for us for 2018?
If you haven’t already done so, please click here to join our email list so you can receive our monthly prayer calendar and help us “move mountains” with prayer!
If you’d like to help us do the heavy lifting, please click here to support a project. We’d love for you to be part of the exciting growth we’re experiencing and look forward to sharing some new projects we’re working on!
Join Our Community And Make A Bigger Impact In The World
Take the first step to stay in touch and sign up to receive Email News and Updates.