Go the Distance Challenge
Meet Erika and Fitri.
Erika was born and raised in the city. Fitri lives in a remote village.
Though different in many ways, they share in a collective experience: they were disconnected from adequate education, until someone introduced them to a Mustard Seed school.
For many children in Indonesia, education is a luxury.
In big cities, many government-funded schools hire incompetent teachers who provide insufficient lessons, while private schools prove unaffordable for low-income families like Erika's.
In remote villages, small children, like Fitri, walk for hours to reach to the nearest school, with no guarantee that a teacher will be present.
The #GotheDistance Challenge raises funds to connect children, like Erika and Fitri, with quality education, by opening affordable Christian schools with highly trained teachers.
A HUGE THANK YOU
JUNE – JULY 2023
$88,009.94 RAISED OF $40,000
(TOTAL DONATED & MATCHED)
- Indonesia is home to 64 million children between the ages of 0-14.
- The country is stimultaneously a diverse, complex, and multicultural nation with 633 recognized ethnic groups that speak 742 different languages.
- There are educational challenges due to populations scattered across 17,000 islands.
- Quality teachers are lacking, especially in remote areas.
- In cities, Christian education is considered private and mostly unaffordale for underprivilege families.
- There is great opportunity to train indigeneous teachers to bring transformative Christian eduaction to children and communities in need.
Why Christian Education?
We believe that the most effective way to reach out to children, set them free from poverty, and share the knowledge of God is through great teachers. Mustard Seed International is connecting isolated communities with the education that every child deserves. We do this by training indigenous youth to become quality educators with the capacity to change the future of Indonesia.Mustard Seed International empowers the next generation and establishes thriving communities through a holistic model of transformative Christian Education. How do we do it?
WE TEACH: We plant seeds of hope in the hearts of children because we believe that life-giving education can change the future of Southeast Asia.
WE LOVE: We love because God first loved us. It is this love that compels us to go into remote areas to start schools, care for orphans and serve those in need.
THEY LEAD: We believe in the importance of local leadership; therefore, we train and equip indigenous youth with the necessary tools to help their society flourish.
What is the goal of this fundraising initiative?
- Provide scholarship for underprivilege children.
- Build more classrooms at CI School in Middle Java.
- Send teachers to disciple children on the Island of Promise Lesser Sunda Island
- Build more classrooms on the Island of Promise, Lesser Sunda Island.
Visit the Schools Supported by this Challenge
Fundraising Toolkit Portal
Unlock Your Rewards!
Unlock a virtual postcard from Erika and Fitri when you register as a fundraiser.
Unlock a digital artwork by the a student from CI School when you reach 50% of your fundraising goal.
Unlock a video clip from the Island of Promise when you reach more than 75% of your fundraising goal.