Go the Distance ChallengeMeet Lia & Alfrida.
These two 8 year olds walk 8 km every day, through dense and difficult terrain, just to reach their school in the Papuan Highlands.
This is How You Can Help Lia & Alfrida
Click Here for More Detail
- Starting June 1st, you are invited to join in our #GotheDistance campaign to walk to raise funds for the children that Mustard Seed serves.
- Getting involved is easy: from wherever you are, join this fundraiser by completing your own 8k walk (one way of Lia & Alfrida journey, or any covid-safe activity of your choice) between June 1st and June 30th. Runners, rollers, and cyclers, are welcome.
- Choose to complete it in one day or break it up over the month; the choice is yours!
- Want more of a challenge? Try completing the 8k while carrying water, uphill as Lia & Alfrida often do when they have to bring water back to their village. Be creative and feel free to customize the challenge to make it your own!
- Register before May 15th and receive a customized fundraising page.
- Share your mission with your friends and family, and ask them to sponsor you.
Unlock Your Rewards!
Unlock a virtual postcard from Alfrida when you complete your first 1K
Unlock digital artwork by Lia & Alfrida's friends in Papua when you reach 4K