Introducing Our New Theme: INSPIRED
Are you ready to be inspired?
Can you imagine hundreds of teachers, students, secretaries, security guards, gardeners, and even parents dedicating themselves to focus, learn and grow around a single theme? This happens every year in Mustard Seed and I want to invite you to join us!
Our Recent Themes…
Recent themes have included STEAL MY SHOW, JUMP, and RESILIENT.
This year our theme will be INSPIRED.
Our common objectives throughout all of the Mustard Seed schools and children's homes are:
- Discovering and exploring our Heavenly Father as the Creator, the source of inspiration and beauty.
- Growing in awareness that we are created in the image of the Creator.
- Celebrating human imagination and creative expression.
- Learning what inhibits or ignites inspiration.
- Strengthening our creative problem-solving skills.
- Praying for the Spirit of the Living God to move in and through us to touch the world.
- Engaging in a lifelong search for the good, the magnificent in everyone and everywhere.
In honor of our new theme, I would like to share a poem I wrote with you. I was inspired to write this poem one morning as I was meditating on Colossians 3:1-2:
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
A Poem by Paul Richardson
By Paul Richardson
What I desire is how I behave,
I am the captain of what I crave.
When my affection is guided to Christ,
My heart is drawn to light.
The Spirit of God sets me free,
To become what he made me to be.
He whispers in visions, talks in my dreams,
Raises me high and allows me to see.
He calls my thoughts to a higher place,
Filled with beauty, love and grace.
There when I search, I find the way,
To live, to let go, to forgive and pray.
Come breathe in us, lift up our souls,
Redeem what is broken, make us whole.
Still the chaos and fill us with peace,
In the sound of your voice, all our fears cease.
When we awaken to the glimmer of dawn,
Come to our hearts, sing us your songs,
For you have set our souls on fire,
The closer to you, the more we’re inspired.